Sunday 29 January 2017

January Favourites & Pets in Clothing.

How is it January 2017? How am I now 20? How am I three months in to university? SO MANY QUESTIONS. Admittedly I should be graduating this year but, you know, someone decided she was going to go travelling for a few years and I honestly wouldn't have had it any other way. Despite now being at university and being on a very strict student budget, I've somehow managed to accumulate a whole bunch of new products. I suppose I do like to do things my own way, even if it does mean having an emptier bank account than usual...


  • Cargo Foundation and Concealer: I actually received a Cargo gift set for Christmas 2016 and, for a while, it lay untouched. I'd never tried any of their stuff before and like to stick to what I know but, after having run out of five concealers at once (HOW???) I decided to break this out and give it ago. A little really goes a long way with the product, it's easy to blend, has great coverage and can be applied with the dofer applicator provided, meaning you don't apply too much. I love that this is a two in one product and that it's reasonably small to carry. As someone who travels a lot, I'm always looking for multi-use and compact products, which is exactly what this. I'll definitely be checking out the rest of the gift set.
  • YSL Black Opium: This is easily one of my favourite perfumes in the world, so I was very happy to receive this for my birthday. I'd actually run out of this just days before, so it was much appreciated as I can now smell like me again. I don't think I've ever had as many people tell me that I smell good enough to eat as when I wear this. A personal highlight/nightmare is when my ex-boyfriend told me that I smelt so good he might pass out and crash the car. Didn't bother wearing it around him any more unless we were stood still or in the safety of one of our homes.
  • No7 Sunblock: Finely a white sunblock that doesn't leave me feeling and looking like a greasy mess and that smells nice. IT'S A REVELATION. Good job, No.7. I wore factor 30 in mid 40 degree weather and even though I am as pale as Casper the friendly ghost, I didn't burn at all.
  • Make-Up Revolution Palette: Despite just how cheap it is, you can almost always be guaranteed good quality when it comes to Make-Up Revolution make-up. I especially like their eyeshadow palettes as they come with a large mirror and a wide variety of shades, which can often be used as eyeshadows, highlighters or even for eyebrows. 
  • Frankie Magazine: I have spent hours and hours searching high and low for an interesting magazine that doesn't cost a fortune and isn't completely filled with ads. I want to actually read something. I discovered Frankie magazine in Sydney airport as I was getting ready to make my long journey back to London and immediately fell in love with it. Not only is it incredibly aesthetically pleasing but there is something for everyone. It covers everything from fashion to music to, a personal favourite, pets in clothing. It also features plenty of interviews with people who are actually interesting and don't admit to things like "I want to spend the year like, realising stuff".
  • Road trips: I've always loved a good road trip and have done a fair few in my time, with my favourites all having taken place in Spain. I recently drove from Malaga to Granada, Granada to Jaen and then from Jaen to Madrid, before catching a plane, and the views were honestly breath-taking. Nothing quite compares to driving through the mountains, olive groves and countryside in Spain. Driving past the giant metal bulls on the side of the motorway always makes me laugh too, because you just couldn't get any more stereotypically Spanish *insert all of the Flamenco dancer emojis*
  • MAC Pro-Wear Concealer: Other than MAC lipsticks, I've never bought any of their other products. They're Studio Fix foundation used to be one of my favourites, but I'd never actually head out and buy it (ask for samples of their foundations. They give you a large pot that lasts forever! By the time you run out, they won't even remember you so you can go back for another, or head to another store), but, after a friend did my make-up using this concealer, I knew I had to have it. I've been after the perfect concealer for a good while now, and I think I've finally found it.

What have you been loving this month?
Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment