Wednesday 11 January 2017

2016 Memories: What I Ticked off my Bucket List and 2017 Wishes.

I know 2016 was, on a whole, such a sad year for many but for me personally, I'd say it was on off the best yet. I got to travel and explore new cities, countries and continents, strengthen friendships and make new ones, as well as achieving some personal goals. I also got the chance to tick a fair few things off of my bucket list. I hope 2017 is just as good, if not better. I hope to continue conquering my anxiety, travel even more (I've got some big plans for this year) and continue to spend more time with the people I love. For now though, here's some of my 2016 highlights...


  • travelled the world: During the later months of 2015, I moved out, read to set off on my adventure: this included moving to London before heading off to destinations a little further away during he start of 2017. 
  • Moved to and travelled around Australia for six months: including Western Australia, Cairns and Sydney. I'll definitely be back.
  • Visited Asia for the first time: I got the opportunity to visit Singapore, and it easily became one of my favourite places I've ever visited (humidity and frizzy hair aside). If you're looking to start somewhere easy in Asia, but somewhere you're guaranteed to have a good time, Singapore is the perfect choice.
  • Went on the highest cable cart in the world: and it was terrifying but also incredibly fun. Perhaps not one if you're scared of heights as you really do sore high above the trees.  
  • Went snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef with my best friend: this happened just a few weeks before it was pronounced dead, so we were definitely very luck. We actually spent a lot of time commenting on how we thought it would be much more vibrant when, in reality, it was all a bit grey. We weren't allowed to go too far out due to a strong current, but we were told it got better the further you go out. 
      
  • Visited the highest roof-top bar in the world: called 1-Altitude in Singapore. It is easily one of my favourite places that I visited in Singapore and the drinks aren't nearly as expensive as everyone says, especially for the service and views you get. you can even go up for free and no order anything.
  • .Came home from Sdne via Chelsea and Westminster hospital. Almost died. Survived. Having a potential blockage in your lungs is no fun. 
  • Started university: studying my dream course and met some absolute babes who I know I'll be friends with for life. 
What were some of our highlights of 2016?
And what do you hope for in 2017?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment