Sunday 4 September 2016

Current Hopes & Goals + Talking About Anxiety.

It's hard to believe that there are just four months of 2016 left. I know we say this year after year, but I really do feel like time has flown. Just two months ago, I was beginning my last week in Australia, but even that trip seems like a dream, and I was there for six months! I like to think that I've achieved a lot this year: I moved out, went travelling, made new friends, reconnected with old ones, worked hard, blogged three times a week without fail... I'd say that's pretty good going, right? Even so, there are still a few other hopes and goals I'd like to achieve before the year is out...


  • Travel More: This one is a must for me, as there is nothing I love more than exploring a new place, experiencing new cultures and meeting new people. This doesn't necessarily mean spending a lot of money and flying off somewhere far and wide (though I would like to). Over the next few months, I'd like to get the chance to visit more places in Europe, as well as the U.K. We rarely take advantage of places that are so close to home!
  • Be Happy: It's a common one, I know, but it's true. Having just spent a month back at home, I realised just how much I had changed, mainly in myself. I've grown so much as a person and am so much happier. I hope to continue that way!
  • Cook: And by cook, I don't mean one minute noodles. I come from a family of really good cooks, so I've never really needed to properly cook for myself and, when I have, I've just gone out or made a quick pasta dish, but now that I'm starting university, I feel like I'll actually cook this year, That's probably a lie, I'll have no money so will spend the entire time trying to work out new ways to eat Baked Beans, 
  • Exercise: Believe it or not, I used to be quite a fit person who loved to exercise. Dancing, swimming, running, basketball, volleyball... I used to do it all. Used to being the prime phrase there. I stopped exercising after an accident and just never really got back into it (this was four years ago) because I immediately wanted to be good again at everything, despite the fact I'd just spent three months in a cast and rehab. I'm looking to get started again, taking things slowly and hopefully get back in to it. 

  • Embrace University: Though I'm nervous about it, I'm also very excited about it and I am determined to make the most of the experience. I'm obviously going to work hard, but I also hope to make some new friends and new memories. After all, we're all probably as nervous as each other!
  • Continue Blogging: Since October, I think it was, I have blogged three times a week without fail, and I'm pretty impressed by that. I don't necessarily feel the pressure to do so, I do it because I want to. I'm hoping to continue with this hobby, as I have enjoyed it even more than I thought I would!
  • Continue to Conquer Anxiety: Anxiety is a mental illness; there isn't a cure, which is why I have been battling to make sure it doesn't stop me from achieving what I set out to. Obviously there are going to be times when I feel anxious for no reason other than that I have anxiety, but it is so much better than it used to be. My friends are always shocked to discover I have anxiety but that's just because I am so good at hiding it (until I'm having a panic attack...) but also because I'm getting better at controlling it. 
  • Make More Effort With Friends: Unless you're one of my best friends and I have a continuous, 24/7 conversation with you, then you might not hear from me for a while. I mostly forget, but then I also think "well, why shouldn't they text me first?" but, this year, I'm determined not to do that. After all, they're probably sat at home thinking the same thing. 


What are you hoping to achieve in the final months of 2016?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment