Monday 30 May 2016

May Favourites.

I've been loving writing monthly favourites posts recently. Because of trying to save money in order to put everything I have into travelling, I've been having to curb my fashion and beauty spending habits and instead have a root through my make-up bag(s) and rediscover some old favourites. As it's almost Winter and getting a bit cooler here in Australia, I've also been doing some transitioning and rotating my make-up around. Here are some of the things I've been loving this month...

  • St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub & St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub: I don't know whether I had some sort of reaction or if it was just playing up, but I had some serious skin issues towards the end of April. I'd used the apricot scrub before and knew that it worked well (I honestly don't know why I never rebought it) so decided to give it another go. I've been alternating this with the green scrub, and both can now be known as lifesavers. It's taken a while, and I don't want to jinx it, but I feel like my skin is looking better by the day. The apricot scrub has a deep exfoliation factor but doesn't leave your skin looking red raw, and the green tea a moderate factor, but still leaves my skin feeling clean of impurities. 
  • Head & Shoulders Eucalyptus Shampoo: I'm not one to shy away from topics that others may steer clear of, and dandruff is definitely one of those subjects. Just like the problems I had with my skin, I started to get a really dry and itchy scalp towards the end of April. As the two hit at the same time, I am beginning to think that it was stress that caused these issues but, just like the St. Ives scrubs, Head & Shoulders Eucalyptus shampoo has been a lifesaver. Gone is the itching and gone are the snowy flakes (sorry...). Now that my scalp has calmed down a bit, I use this shampoo every other wash, just so that my hair doesn't become to accustomed to it. 
  • KIKO 139 Pearly Salmon Eyeshadow: I've probably raved about this in multiple posts but, as I've been using it most days, I figured that it deserved another mention. I love eyeshadows that can be used as other products, whether that be for eyebrows, as contour or as a highlighter, like this one. With this, a little really does go a long way. I like to wear it blended out all over my eyes for those subtle make-up days, or across my cheekbones, my browbone and in my tear duct if I really want that shimmery highlight glow. 
  • Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara: I have no idea how this happened, but I somehow ended up bringing about five mascaras with me to Australia. I've mostly been using Natural Collection's mascara but was getting a bit bored of it so decided to have a root around my make-up bag where I discovered a much loved product; Maybelline Volum' Express: The Falsies mascara. I have pretty good lashes anyway, but this gives them that extra curl and holds them in place all day. I tend to get quite a lot of compliments on my lashes anyway, but even more so when wearing this. 
  • Leather Jacket, Bershka: Despite having been advised (flat-out told) by multiple people that I would not need a coat or jacket in Australia, I still ended up bringing four with me, and I am so glad I didn't listen to them as I have been practically living in my leather jacket recently. Even when it was in the mid-30s outside, I was sat inside in my leather jacket with the air-con on because I love it that much.
  • KIKO 336 Nail Varnish: Despite bringing four coats with me, when I was packing for Australia, I clearly thought I was heading to the land of eternal sunshine and ended up only bringing nail polishes that I would usually wear throughout Spring and Summer. We're now almost into Winter and, though I love them, I'm a bit sick of coral and pink nails, which is why I've mostly been wearing this electric blue colour. I miss my over the top nail polish collection back at my mum's house so much that I think a shopping trip might be on the cards...
  • Benefit Boi-Ing Concealer: Bad skin normally equates to using a lot of concealer, and that has definitely been the case with me. Though I'm more of a liquid concealer kind of person, I really enjoy using this. Benefit's Boi-Ing has great coverage and doesn't leave my skin looking cakey or bumpy. Now that I have a (ridiculously small) tan, I'm definitely going to buy this in another shade. I haven't just been using this on spots either, it's great for redness and under-eye circles, though, due to the shade choice, it can sometimes be a bit too brightening for that last one.

What have you been loving this month?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment