Sunday 3 January 2016

New Year, New Plans, New Adventures.

You've probably read this on everyone's first blog post of 2016 and heard it from everyone but happy new year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, and that it was everything you had wished for and more. Hm, my primary school teachers were right - I need to learn to use the word 'and' more. I had what I think was the best New Years Eve I've ever head! I headed out for food with friends, before making our way to Trafalgar Square to catch a glimpse of the fireworks, and then to Joe's Bar Covent Garden (if you're ever around, you have to go!). I think we eventually stumbled in around 5am, but it was so nice to ring in 2016 with some of my favourite people. I ended up completely living in the moment and only taking a few photos with people I don't actually know!

2015 was a year full of changes. I graduated, I moved from Málaga to London, I revisited Paris, I lost friends, made new ones and met people who I now couldn't imagine my life without. Though there were sad times, there were also plenty of happy ones. I'm proud of how I handled myself and how I grew, and I'm excited to see what 2016 brings. First up for me is Australia! I'm heading there in February for a few months. I'll be dotting around and hopefully doing a bit of work. As nervous as I am, I'm also extremely excited. After Australia, I plan on coming back to London, working for a short while and then heading off to South Africa and Tanzania, both of which - along with Australia - are on my travel bucket list, so I'm excited to hopefully tick them off this year! A short weekend trip to Rome is also in the works. I'm not one to get deep and personal as I'm a very private person, but at just 19, I'm very proud of all that I've achieved and the person I am evolving in to. It makes me happy to know that I am paying for everything myself, as I have done for the past few years, and that I don't need to rely on anyone for money.



I don't know how I feel about new years resolutions. No one sticks to them and then everyone gets angry at themselves which, considering most peoples' goals are to be happier, is quite ironic. I prefer to set myself goals and hopes. I hope to continue to be just as happy as I am now, travel more, continue to work hard and to make sure that I keep in contact with the people that mean the most to me. Oh, and to probably drink more water and exercise more, but I think that's what everyone says! Come August, I will have to decide on whether or not I actually plan on starting university this year. I should technically be starting my third year of university in September, yet I haven't even completed one. This fact used to bother me, but 2015 was the year that not everyone has to go to university. I know that one day I want to go, as I hope to study Medicine or Law, but I don't have to go straight away - I have time. I want to take the time to figure out what my true passion is and what I want to study before throwing myself in to something and, until I do, I'm happy just doing what I'm doing. I'll do what I want and not let other people's opinions change my own.



Blog wise, I plan on posting three times a week; Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. I tend to be very spontaneous and laid back in everyday life so if I don't end up posting that much, or not posting at all for a few weeks, then that's okay. One thing I should probably work on in 2016 though is being a bit more organised...


And that's it! Here's a healthy and happy 2016. 
I hope it's a great year for us all.

Do you have any goals or hopes? 
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment