Friday 29 January 2016

A Letter to Amita... (@amerzxo)

Let's start off by doing a little introduction. This post is about Amita, one of my best friends. We met on Tumblr five years ago and, what could have turned out to be a complete and utter disaster, turned into one of the best decisions I have ever made. We spoke everyday for five years; sharing secrets, goals, fears and everything in between. We became best friends, despite not even having ever met. After my graduation, I had planned on moving to London before moving on to Australia. My accommodation fell through at the last minute and Amita immediately said I could move in with her. 


 Bare in mind we'd never actually met, this was the kindest thing anyone could do. Everyone in my family and all of my friends were terrified that she was going to turn out to be a pedophile (I pointed out that, after five years, a pedophile would probably have gotten bored of me). I mentioned to her that there was no way I could afford Central London rent but she said that that wasn't a problem and that I could stay as long as I needed. She picked me up from King's Cross, took me back to her's and then we went out for food. Almost four months and many lunches, brunches and late night snacks later and I'm still here. Though I've probably more than outstayed my welcome, not once has she complained or made any comment about my loudness, messiness or my annoying self and I could not be more grateful. I've so enjoyed our weekend adventures, late night chats and our trip to Paris.



And now I'll address Amita directly... I've never been good at getting soppy or talking about feelings, which you definitely know already, which is why I'm writing this. I could not be happier to have met you and I genuinely don't think that there is a person out there who is friendlier, kinder and more accommodating than you. You have such a good soul and kind heart! I definitely haven't said thank-you enough and have taken advantage by staying here so long but, like mentioned, not once have you complained. How you deal with my constant flirting when we go out is beyond me, haha! I know you didn't enjoy Paris that much, but at least we enjoyed our time together and I hope we get to go on more adventures! Have the most amazing birthday and I'm so excited to celebrate with you. Here's to a very long friendship. 




I hope it's your best birthday yet!
Here's to even more adventures. 
Love you long timeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment