Friday 3 July 2015

Secrets and Surprises.

Hello, everyone! I'm not really sure how to start this post. When bloggers or vloggers take a break, they just stop posting and tend to warn their readers before it's about to happen. I, on the hand, took a completely different route...


I knew this year was going to be busy, meaning my blog would have to take a backseat. I debated on what to do when, me being me, decided to take the most difficult route possible. So, during my Christmas break, I wrote enough posts to last me six months... up until now, in fact. I obviously knew there weren't going to be a lot of posts about recent or up and coming things but I still tried.


The plan worked up without a problem until about March or April. It was at this point when award season was starting. When I wrote and planned out each blog post, I left a few posts empty, ready to write about award shows or a post that would take a bit more time that I wanted to do at a closer date. Unfortunately, I was just so busy that I didn't actually get round to doing that, hence why there have been quite a few empty blog posts floating about.


I actually received messages, tweets and emails about those empty posts, something I was very surprised about. I expected my blog audience to truly quiet down. After all, there are only so many FBF and SCS posts that you can read. Who knew so many people cared?! I was sad not to be able to reply to your messages but, don't worry, they're all still backed up and waiting to be read. Thank you for each and every one of them!

These months out helped me realised that blogging, for me, is a hobby. It's not my job and I shouldn't be so hard on myself when I miss a post. I should write what I like, when I like and just enjoy it.

But, long story short, I think this post means I'm back! It'll no doubt take me a while to get back into the swing of things, and I very much doubt I will be posting every other day like I was, but hopefully this means I can work on more creative and personal posts that I never seem to have gotten done.


Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment