Sunday 25 January 2015

Best Films - 2014.

2013 was a great year for films. Some of my favourite films of all time, such as The Great Gatsby, Star Trek: Into Darkness, 12 Years A Slave and About Time came out in that year, so it was always going to be a hard one to beat. Though I didn't get to see as many films as I would have liked, I did get to see some really good ones, some of which are now up there with my favourite films...
  • Gone Gone: This was probably one of the most talked about films of the year, and with good reason. I only hope Ben Affleck is as good in Batman as he was in this. Though I really enjoyed it, I didn't really like the ending and know a lot of people agreed. I just felt it was a bit random and didn't explain it very well. Other than that, which is basically the last five minutes, I really enjoyed it.
  • The Riot Club: I actually only got to watch this just before Christmas, but it was so good. The acting and storyline were both incredibly. Having Sam Claflin, Douglas Booth and Max Irons to stare at for two hours wasn't bad either. Sam really proved himself in this role. It was weird seeing myself hate someone that also plays the ever so lovable Finnick in The Hunger Games.
  • Mockingjay: Part 1: Speaking of Sam Claflin and Finnick, who can forget about The Hunger Games? I am a huge fan of the series and was so happy that the film did the book justice. As much as I can't wait for the second part, I also don't want it to come out as it means it will be the end of the series! I'm not quite sure I'm ready for all the traumatic deaths, either.
  • The Fault in Our Stars: It seems quite weird to be including this film in my favourite films of 2014, as it well and truly broke me. I feel the same way about the book. I don't think I've ever cried so much during a film or a book, and my heart hasn't been the same since yet, for some reason, I just can't seem to put either of them down.
  • Divergent: I loved this so much that I watched it four days in a row. I've probably seen it about 15 times by now and, believe it or not, I'm still not sick of it. The wonderful man that is Theo James probably has something to do with it. I'm a massive fan of the series but, having watched the trailer for Insurgent, I'm not too sure how I feel about the second one. I guess I'll have to wait and see, but I can only hope it's as good as the first film and the book series.

What were your favourite films of 2014?

Some films I'm looking forward to in 2015 are Mockingjay Part 2, Insurgent, Star Wars: Episode VII, and  Fifty Shades of Grey (I'm intrigued, okay?!)

What about you? What are you looking forward to seeing?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment