Wednesday 24 December 2014

The Christmas Tag - Blogmas Day 24.

Boo, sob, hiss and all of the inbetween - today is the final day of blogmas. Yes, it's Christmas Eve! I will actually be celebrating Christmas on Boxing Day (I'm devestated) but that doesn't mean the final day of Blogmas has to be any less festive! I'm going to be doing a Christmas Tag!


1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
It just doesn't get any better than ELF, does it?! I think I've probably seen that film around 100 times and it still makes me cry with laughter each and every time. I think I'm going to have to watch it now. Love Actually is always a good one too.


2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
I have, and I think I was about six, which made it all the more magical! My rabbit, Thumper, had actually gone missing about two days beforehand and she ended up 'coming home' on Christmas Morning, so it was definitely a Christmas to remember.


3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?

At home. No one in my family seems to love Christmas as much as I do, the absolute Scrooges. I'm going to have to go all Tiny Tim on them.

4. What is your favorite Christmas song?

It's got to be a bit of Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You. Yes, she may be able to reach notes that only dogs can hear, but that doesn't stop me trying to join in. 


                              5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?

I always used to persuade one of my family members to let me open something, even if it was just a card. I used to go on about it so much that someone would eventually give in. I don't think I've done it in the past few years or so, though. According to my Mam, things like that don't happen when you're an adult. Like I said, SCROOGE. 

6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?

Rudolph, Donna, Vixen, Dixon, Comet, Blitzon, Dancer, Prancer... I think I've made a few of them up. A friend and I tried to name them all the other day and I kept getting told off for naming Rudolph, because apparently he was never an original reindeer. There's a song all about him, why can't I name him?!?

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?

Considering we barely have any Christmas decorations up, are celebrating Christmas on Boxing Day and I don't think some presents have arrived - none. Oh no, I'm turning into my family. In all seriousness, I just love Christmas and the concept of it, so I'm looking forward to all of it! Well, other than the lack of Quality Street and Radio Times.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?

Real, I've never had a fake one.

9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?

Yes, Christmas is a time for giving, Christmas spirit and all that, but it's also really about the food. Chestnut stuffing, pigs in blankets, mince pies... The list goes on and on. I think Christmas Dinner should be a weekly thing because, let's face it, it's not quite the same as a Sunday Roast.

10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?

I like both! I think anyone that says that they just love giving them is a bit of a liar. Everyone loves receiving gifts. Now that I'm older though, I do love giving them too, mainly because I'm really good at it. After all, I don't think many people have ever gotten their Mam a wheelbarrow, managed to hide it and wrap it.

11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?

My Barbie Talking Town House. I was obsessed with all things Barbie and given half the chance, despite being 18, I probably still would be. I have boxes and boxes of barbies of all different kinds, clothes & shoes for them, cars, horses, everything. I actually cried when I had to give them away. 

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?

New York! It's one of my dream places to visit anyway, but evenmore so at Christmas.

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?

As mentioned before, I once managed to hide and wrap a wheelbarrow. I'd like someone to attempt to steal my title of Queen Present Wrapper. 

15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?

Like many people, I don't really remember a time when someone told me that Santa wasn't real. I think you just tend to realise. My Mam telling me not to put out a snack because she didn't fancy eating carrots and was only going to give the milk to the dog might have been a bit of a giveaway, hahaha.

16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?

I don't wait until the start of a New Year to change something about myself.

17. What makes the holidays special for you?

The fact that I don't have to work or study, as it's a very rare occasion. I basically just love everything about Christmas. 


"The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

And that's it for Blogmas 2014! Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments. I'm taking a few days out from the blogging world but have scheduled posts going up on the 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th and potentially the 31st. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, or simply a lovely day, and that it's everything that you hope for and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment