Saturday 4 October 2014

The Liebster Award.

For those of you that don't know, the Liebster award is for bloggers with under 200 followers and, over the past few weeks, I've been nominated for three of them, bringing the total that I've been nominated for up to about thirteen. Despite grouping them together, this still means I've written my fair share of posts like this. Because of this, this will be the last Liebster post that I will make. I'll still acknowledge the nominations, I just won't be making them into a proper post. Thanks to Ariada, Alice Louise and Dali Rae for nominating me and for all their questions.

These are the rules:

1. You need to answer the 11 questions given to you by the lovely blogger who nominated you
2. You must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers....
3. ....to complete the 11 questions that you give them to answer.


ARIADNA'S QUESTIONS:
1. Why did you start blogging?
For as long as I can remember now, I've been a fan of all things fashion and beauty, including magazines and other blogs. It got to the point where I was spending the majority of my free time reading said magazines and blogs, so thought it was time to make my own.

2. Who/what are your biggest influences?
All the bloggers/YouTubers that are currently killing it (you know who they are, they're everywhere) and just anyone going out and achieving their dreams. Ben Brown and Kanye West are definitely up there, though, despite being two completely different people.

3. What is your biggest dream?
As cliché as it sounds, to be happy. Oh, and travel the World!

4. If you knew today was your last day on earth what would you do? 
Probably cry, as death is my biggest fear! I'd also spend it with my favourite people.

6. High-street or high-end? Why? 
Both. Obviously most of the things I own are high-street as I just can't afford high-end, but I do think it's important to have high-end statement pieces as they are better quality and you know it's going to last you longer.

7. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Riccardo Tisci, Kanye West, Beyoncé and Olivier Rousteing!

8. What are your summer must-haves?
You can tell I was nominated for this a while ago, can't you?! I actually did a post on this, which you can read here. (I'm great at self-promotion!)

9. Jeans or skirts?
I don't really wear a lot of skirts, I tend to alternate between jeans and dresses. I definitely own my fair share of both but I think I prefer dresses.

10. Where would you go if you could travel in time?
The 1920's, but preferably to a time and place that is very similar to The Great Gatsby. I wouldn't be allowed any children though as I'd probably just end up abandoning them to go to parties. 

11. If you were millionaire for a day what would you do?
I'd go out and buy three of the high-end items that I most want in life, give some to my brother, sister and Mam, and then save the rest. That's what I'd like to do, anyway, I'd probably just end up going mad and buying everything I most want in life.
 _____

ALICE'S QUESTIONS:
1. If you could be any other person for 24 hours, who would you be and why? 
Either the Queen, Kanye West of Beyoncé, simply because imagine how amazing it would be to be any of them. I'd go out and buy loads of things that I want and then ship them back to my address because, let's be honest, they can afford it.

2. If you could only use one beauty product (hair or makeup) for the rest of eternity, what would it be and why? 
Probably a lipstick or Urban Decay's Naked Flushed palette.

3. Fashion or function? 
Fashion!

4. Flat drinks or fizzy? 
Flat. My favourite drinks are strawberry water, tea & coffee and apple & mango juice.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
Appearance wise; my skin. I've always had bad skin and have quite a lot of scaring. Personality wise: anxiety.

6. Do you speak any other languages than your native tongue? What languages? If you don't, would you like to learn another and which one? 
Yes! I speak English, Spanish and quite a bit of French.

7. Teacup or mug? 
Mugs, something I have an unhealthy obsession with.

8. What's your absolute favourite food? 
I have so many! Spaghetti bolagnase, burgers, risotto, oreo milka chocolate, pizza... IT'S JUST SO HARD TO CHOOSE. Seriously, how can someone have a favourite food?!

9. Do you have a favourite beauty secret? What is it?
This isn't really a secret but more a piece of advice. Do what works for you. Don't continue doing what other beauty bloggers, vloggers or professionals are doing if you don't feel it quite suits you. Everyone is different.

10. Curls, waves or straight hair? 
Something along the lines of beach waves.

11. World peace; possible or impossible? 
Looking at the World and how it is today, I'd say impossible. It might be possible if we all stopped trying to cut each other's heads of and blow each other up, but there's always someone who's going to want power, so I'm going to stick with impossible.
_____

DALI RAE'S QUESTIONS:
1. Would you take the chance for all your dreams to come true if that meant your dreams at night also came true?
This is such an amazing and original question!! Easily the best I've ever been asked. My dreams at night tend to consist of nightmares, with the occasional really nice dream added in there, but I still think I'd do it. Most of my nightmares consist of the same thing anyway so, if my dreams were to come true, I'd probably be able to have something done about what appears in my nightmares.


2.How many times have you looked in the mirror today?
Once, I think, whilst washing my hands.

3.Are you clumsy?
Not really, but I do seem to get random bruises and break bones very easily. I think that just means my bones are quite weak, haha.

4.What was the last thing you were proud of?
Somehow getting an A* in one of my Chemistry exams, without getting a single question wrong. No idea how I managed that one.

5.If you couldn't speak for a whole week, what would you do?
Just talk to everyone through Whatsapp. It's what I tend to do anyway!

6.Who was your first friend and are you still in touch?
Yes, we've been best friends for sixteen years now.

7.The last song you listened to?

8.When was the last time you were so happy you cried?
Last week, when Alba and I were talking about the time her Mam through a piece of melon and it hit her Dad square in the eye and he almost fell of his chair backwards. I would probably cry now if I thought about it long enough.

9.Where have you always wanted to go, ever since a child?
New York! I'll get there one day.

10. Have you ever mistaken someone for somebody else?
Three people have now walked up to me and called me Shakira. I look absolutely nothing like her, but there are worse things to be called!

11. Did you notice how I made an effort to start every single question with a different word? 
No, as I actually read this question first! I really enjoyed your questions though. They were really original and I liked how much effort you put into them. You'll no doubt put my questions to shame.
____

MY QUESTIONS:
1. Best look/show from Fashion Week SS15?
2. Favourite three items in your Wardrobe?
3. Your dream holiday destination?
4. Last film you watched?
5. Something that reminds you of your childhood?
6. Autumn Must Haves?
7. Is it too early to start thinking about Christmas? If not, then what is the #1 item on your Christmas list?
8. How is school, college or university going so far?
9. Kimye (Kim Kardashian and Kanye West) or Jay-Z and Beyoncé?
10. Describe how you met the last person you talked to.
11. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
____

MY NOMINATIONS: 
(Considering she nominated me two months ago, I think this is okay!)
Mikayla

And I can't think of anyone else, so I nominate everyone reading this to do it too. 
Be sure to leave me your links in the description box, if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment